Feel free to click "comment" and share with other readers how God speaks to you.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Isaiah 53:2 refers to Christ being a tender shoot, "like a root out of dry ground." The reference to dry ground reminds me of Columbia, especially now in the heat of the summer. My desire today is that I would be reminded of the sins that Christ bore for me and that like Christ I am called to pour out my life on the dry ground. The dry ground where God has me now is Columbia, SC.
He was wounded for my transgressions. He was crushed for my iniquities. He was chastised for my peace. He was wounded for my healing. (vv. 5-6)
I am fully justified and did nothing to earn or deserve it. It is by grace alone that I am saved (Eph 2). Following Jesus begins with receiving His grace. It begins with realizing how big of a sinner I am and how big of a Savior He is.
God nailed me yesterday that the best way to thank Him for this substitution is to give grace the same way He gave it to me. So often I make people earn my grace, yet Jesus freely gives me grace.
We receive grace so we can give grace. The more I receive God's grace over me the more I will give/show God's grace to others.
Awaken Church is a new church in Columbia, SC committed to joining God in the transformation of people, our city, and the world. We will publicly launch in March 2009.
If you are interested in learning more about Awaken Church or how you can be involved with our launch team, email us at awakencolumbia@gmail.com
2 comments:
Isaiah 53:2 refers to Christ being a tender shoot, "like a root out of dry ground." The reference to dry ground reminds me of Columbia, especially now in the heat of the summer. My desire today is that I would be reminded of the sins that Christ bore for me and that like Christ I am called to pour out my life on the dry ground. The dry ground where God has me now is Columbia, SC.
I am blown away at the substitution of Jesus.
He was wounded for my transgressions. He was crushed for my iniquities. He was chastised for my peace. He was wounded for my healing. (vv. 5-6)
I am fully justified and did nothing to earn or deserve it. It is by grace alone that I am saved (Eph 2). Following Jesus begins with receiving His grace. It begins with realizing how big of a sinner I am and how big of a Savior He is.
God nailed me yesterday that the best way to thank Him for this substitution is to give grace the same way He gave it to me. So often I make people earn my grace, yet Jesus freely gives me grace.
We receive grace so we can give grace. The more I receive God's grace over me the more I will give/show God's grace to others.
Post a Comment